- Various Department
- Apprenticeships: Apprenticeship
- Fixed term for 13-18 Months
- 37.5 hours per week
- £4.05 per Hour for 1st 12 Months, NMW after
- 31/10/2017 23:59
From 1st October 2017, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) and the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust (UHSM) has joined together to create a new Foundation Trust which has been named Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
Our new organisation will provide a single hospital service across the city of Manchester and in 12- 18 months will also include the services currently provided by North Manchester General Hospital. These changes will make a real difference to the health outcomes and quality of life for the people of Manchester. That’s why this really is an extremely exciting and challenging period in the delivery of health and social care in Greater Manchester and one that provides a wealth career opportunities for great people right across our Group.
Earn While You Learn - Exciting Opportunities at MFT to achieve a Nationally recognised Qualification in Business and Administration!
Fantastic opportunities available across the Trust.
Are you looking for the first step towards a successful career with the NHS?
In Partnership with local Learning Providers, we are excited to announce the launch of an Administration Apprentice scheme. We’re pleased to offer:
- A Level 2/3 Apprenticeship in Business And Administration or Customer Service
- A 13/18 month fixed term contract for the duration of your Apprenticeship (contract length will be confirmed following the results of your initial assessment the Learning Provider),
- A wage of £4.05 per hour for the first 12 months, rising to National Minimum Wage for your age after 12 Months,
- Support with interviews for a suitable post after the successful completion of your Apprenticeship,
- Experience of work in a real role with us, one the North West’s biggest Employers,
- An assigned tutor and assessor from the learning provider to fully support your learning, development and progress,
- Full terms and conditions and benefits of being employed by the NHS including sickness pay, holidays, pensions, discounts/offer, and childcare vouchers.
- A real, transferable qualification, with no student loans or fees, whilst you earn!
To be successful, you will need:
- To be able to demonstrate our Trust’s PEOPLE values – be caring and enthusiastic with great customer service skills,
- To pass initial assessments in English and Maths at entry level 3 and above as part of the recruitment process/hold GCSEs (or equivalent) at A* - D’s (Grade 3 or above) in Maths and English,
- To have an excellent attitude to learning – willing and able to take on new skills and knowledge,
- To be an excellent team worker who can solve problems and support your colleagues,
- To be a great communicator – friendly and approachable,
- To be ICT literate,
- To have a real desire to learn and a keen interest in self-development.
Possible key dates:
Initial assessments - 23.10.17 / 08.11.17
Interview - 01.11.17 / 15.11.17
You are STRONGLY advised to READ THE GUIDANCE DOCUMENT AND THE JOB SPECIFICATION BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION to improve your chances of being shortlisted.
Due to the current Government eligibility criteria for Government funded apprenticeship schemes, we are currently only able to accept applications from candidates who have been resident in the UK/EEA for the last 3 years, and who are not already in any form of Government funded education.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the resident labour market test. UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UKVI website. From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks for Overseas Applicants.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
0161 291 4710
If you have problems applying, contact